LostX's Black CCLB 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LostX

Reaction score
Also put new valve cover gaskets in and painted the peeling valve covers while they were out. It gave me a chance to see the state of this motor. The previous owner got the 454 from a junkyard, installed it, and sold the truck to me shortly after. He only put 1000 miles on the truck. The motor has around 115k on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

LostX

Reaction score
Looks amazing! Personally I'd ditch the body lift, never been a fan of how much more frame shows after one's been installed.
Damn good score though! This is probably the dream truck for a majority of the members on here, I know I'd kill for a rig like this!

You're right about the body lift, but I'm just going to live with it until I solid axle swap it. Since its already there.

LostX

Reaction score
Quick shot of the interior, I'll get better ones later

LostX

Reaction score
I knew the truck had a vacuum leak for a while, from the sound of it I could tell it was a missing or cracked hose and not just an intake gasket seep. The sound was coming from the distributer. After downloading a vortec 454 vacuum diagram, I was 100% sure the leak was from the fuel pressure regulator. Well 1 hour later all for this. The hose almost fell apart in my hand. It appears a leaking diaphragm in the regulator has degraded the hose.

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Someone on here might like this, dual 120v power inverter plugs. This is the way the truck should have been made.

How would one go about doing this? I'm tired of fiddling around with the cigarette lighter car chargers,
Would it be the same process to put in a USB port?

LostX

Reaction score
How would one go about doing this? I'm tired of fiddling around with the cigarette lighter car chargers,
Would it be the same process to put in a USB port?

Give me a few weeks to finish up the wiring then I'll create a separate how to thread.

It basically starts with a power inverter of your choice. You pull the receptacles out and install them into the cigarette lighter holes. Mount the inverter in an uncrowded area under the dash and run extensions to you new receptacles. Add a new circuit for the power requirements for the inverter, mine is 20A. Then utilize a switching accessory to power a relay that will turn on the inverter.

Last edited:

LostX

Reaction score
New headliner, restoring visors, and random dash pic.