Lost Key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Slide hammer. Yank the tumbler out with that, then from the passenger side, kick the wheel on it's rotation to break the steering lock. Stick a larger flat screwdriver into the opening where the tumbler came out of. There's a keyway inside the tumbler hole that you gotta get the screwdriver into. Twist in the direction to start.

You didn't hear this from me!!! Ooohhh nonono!

You must be registered for see images attach

This got a good laugh from me. :lol:

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally in my truck I can use a key from any obs truck. Have you tried? Also, a key from an 06 duramax will work in Damn near everything.... Also... SWIM told me this.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I have tried the destructive route on a 98. Not recommended. They have a large brass key inside them to prevent you from doing this. I destroyed half the column trying to get the steering wheel to unlock. After that, the passlock security was destroyed. (you won't have to worry about that bein a 95) Its not nearly as easy as the older trucks (94 down) are. Its gonna be cheaper to pay a locksmith to get it turned on where you can change the lock cylinder.

TexasChevy

Reaction score
I'll be calling the GM dealer here when I get a chance today. If not I'm going to talk to my local locksmith. Definitely do not want to destroy anything.

Last edited:

TexasChevy

Reaction score
Update:
Got the key cut today from the dealer.... no bueno
works the door locks fine but not the ignition. Should i go back and get it recut?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
well to break into a house you cna use a bump key and hammer, dont know if thatll work on vehicles though. but yea my cousins used to do it the way al mentioned, they ended up in jail................

if it didnt work it might not be the same one, a new lock cylinder might be less hassle.

TexasChevy

Reaction score
Need the key to get the old one out, right. Ill go to a local locksmith and give her the keycode and the key and see what she thinks.

The one that the dealer cut looked a little off between both sides btw dont know how close it has to be to work

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I was faced with this situation I think I'd just buy a new ignition switch. But, that would be if s locksmith couldn't do anything and the dealers keys won't work.