lost brakes all at once

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove my 95 c1500 rcsb to haul the naboors heavy snap-on tool box. All was OK and did bottom the "pumpkin" on the bed a time or two. (Flip kit out back) but nothing to hard. After that was unloaded we had another trip to make. During that trio the brakes were very touchy then at my last stop sign ( thank god) the brakes were completely gone. To the floor nothing there. Got pulled in the drive way and there was nothing leaking resevor is full so what can it be?

Sum up: were normal all day, then touchy, then gone.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn, the master cylinder is only a few months old. Previous onwner though.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
Assuming nothing broke between the pedal and master cylinder, then yeah, seals in master cylinder pooped out.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One or more calipers sticking and boiling your brake fluid, once fluid boils you have zero brakes. As fluid starts to boil pressure will increase in the lines making them seem touchy.
Once your brakes cool you will regain some pedal. But only till they get hot again.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cooled off, still no brakes. I don't think any of then are sticking.