looking to buy 05 ... advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Overall I think it would be a good truck. I have been looking for one the same body style for a while... Just no funds

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go for it. From the pictures you attached, it looks like a solid truck.

I am 99% sure I will pick it up next week. Friday I am going to check it out, then hopefully putting $1000 down at the dealership so they dont sell it. Then get the loan from my bank next week for the remainder amount. My credit isnt the greatest but I do have a cosigner available so that will help with the interest rate.

I am pretty excited :) My friend just picked up an 03 (same thing just white), and its really nice. It rides so nice and smooth compared to my OBS.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Overall I think it would be a good truck. I have been looking for one the same body style for a while... Just no funds

Same problem here - but I figured since I was dropping about $400-600 into my OBS a month to rebuild it, I could take those funds and go towards a newer truck. I do love the OBs body styles, but the 05 looks pretty mean looking with the front end :)

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Of course you realize if you get the '05 you will be banned from here, cause this is a GMT400 site.

J/K :lol:

hehe I will get another GMT400 :) (I do know of where a 90 gmc is for $600, but it needs some body work...)

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Same problem here - but I figured since I was dropping about $400-600 into my OBS a month to rebuild it, I could take those funds and go towards a newer truck. I do love the OBs body styles, but the 05 looks pretty mean looking with the front end :)

I think so too... I have always called them the "Angry Eye" body style

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think so too... I have always called them the "Angry Eye" body style

I love that name - it does fit them. Good friend of mine has a 03 Duramax with fabtechs lift (i think 7or 8") and it looks mean as hell. Its a dark metallic green. When that thing starts rolling smoke, its mean......

I pushed my plans up a day, so Friday I will be going down to check out the 05 :) I tried to get tomorrow off, but my boss told me I had to be here lol.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I wish I could find one around here for that price. I Would find the funds somewhere lol

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I could find one around here for that price. I Would find the funds somewhere lol

From the picture you can see a little bit of rust on the bed and fenders, but I think its still worth the $5000 as long as the engine and transmission are solid.

Do these have the 4L60E still? I know the 4L60E are kind of crap .... atleast in the OBS they are ... not sure if they changed in the newer ones or not.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
From the picture you can see a little bit of rust on the bed and fenders, but I think its still worth the $5000 as long as the engine and transmission are solid.

Do these have the 4L60E still? I know the 4L60E are kind of crap .... atleast in the OBS they are ... not sure if they changed in the newer ones or not.

Not for sure on the 5.3 liters but I am pretty sure that the 6.0 liters had the 4L60E. I would assume that the 5.3s have them too.