Looking for opinions/pics of HIRs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe I missed it, but where can you buy HIR bulbs?

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks!

edit: the ones you posted from ebay do not look like the ones I have seen other places online, as far as bulb shape go? are the ebay ones just a knock off?

Last edited:

Mischiefse7en

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no, they used to be round on the end, now they are more normal shaped, i think there is an article on candlepower about this

EDIT: not from that site, but a quick google search
The Toshiba bulbs had a strange spherical-like appearance and are no longer manufactured. Philips took over and now they have a third-generation bulb that doesn’t have the strange shape of the Toshiba bulb.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I would not trust an eBay seller to get genuine HIR, everything these days is copied and counterfeit. There are links on the candlepower forum to buy them from a reputable seller.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've been reading the Phillips ones aren't much better than normal halogens. Not enough to justify the extra price anyway. Every thread I find is a few years old though (2011-12)...