Long cranking times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
kind of off topic...but I replaced my distributor last year. I had replaced it with a plastic one some time ago..but then learned that Auto Zone updated their design to an aluminum body...I had to make it mine lol. Was pretty reasonably priced if I remember correctly. I hope it will be the last time it has to be replaced haha

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the Accel aluminum one back in the days when that was the only aluminum one that was available for the vortec. ( and coincedentally, the only Accel part that I actually like heh)...I've heard good things about the Ebay aluminum body dist, I would guess the autozone one is similar, thats good to know they updated it, you don't happen to have any pics of the autozone one do you?

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im having long cranking times when the engine is cold. If I cycle the fuel pump a few times it starts better when cold. It fires up farily well when its warm. The fuel pressure is about 54 and surges down to about 46 when running. It also has a miss to it. Any ideas or thoughts would be great.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what year is it?

if it's a vortec engine L30/L31 then those pressures are way too low, its likely your fuel pump going out, change the filter and see if that helps the pressures any. but most likely you'll need a new pump.