locker or truetrac?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having a locker in my old Cherokee trail rig....I wouldnt want one for the street, they pop, your tires will squeal at the slightest hint of a tight turn and on snow and ice you better be a ninja to keep her on the road. For my daily driver, its gonna be a true-trac/LSD type of rear-end.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would ask mike he just put a true trac diff in his fast ass z71,But i had a locker in the rear and my old chevy it was kinda squeal when it was wet road.The plus of a locker is the awsome traction off road and hooking and booking like a mother chucker,But for a dd i seen the true tracs which the more gas you give the more it locks it up,i think i seen it in the summit magzine there like 350 i think but thats what i would go with a dd.For a off road or trail rig go with a locker back and spool in front.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True Trac for street, locker for offroad.

The True Trac locks up on a torque load whereas the locker will activate when slip is sensed.

KennyB01

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya i think the truetrac is what i need for a street-strip set-up. right now i have a G80 in but i have heard some bad stories with them on the street and trying to street rod them, they do good for a mild manor person (grand-pa or grand-ma) and a clutch type posi will lose it's affectiveness after a while and needs rebuilding which i do not want to get into, all though i agree with all you who say locker it just is not pratical for a truck that will never see dirt like some of you, this is a dd (daily driver) as 4X4chevy was saying and as Mike pointed out it would be more suitable for street use. thanks for everuones input. Kenny

Last edited: