LMC Headliner w/ speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wish i knew more about audio. I definitely don't want to get rid of my stock head unit. While we're on adding speakers, how hard would it be to install two 10's with a 2-channel amp? Can the stock head unit handle it?

Once again, yes, but you're going to need a set of RCA pre-outs to run the amp. Which means you're going to need to buy an interface to provide you with those and wire it up into the existing harness. Something like this.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC2I/AudioControl-LC2i.html?tp=61671

Also if you haven't bought the amp yet, don't buy a two channel for subs. Buy mono. You want the same signal going to all your subs at the same time.

Yuta

Reaction score
Sorry for delayed response Lordkay972. I don't check forums that often. I bought it at LMC, paid $189. It is black plastic. As I was only visiting L.A. For a week I couldn't wait 4 weeks to order in tan. I will spray adhesive it and put on tan fabric to match my interior. I bought a Pyle stereo headunit to install overhead in it. It has Bluetooth, USB, SDcard and no CD player. It is light wieght, 4 Chanel x 80w and has RCA per outs that I will drop down to under dash to an amp to run rest of speakers. I will try to take pics along the way but real problem is learning how to load and then download to this forum. Steep learning curve for me.

nightmare

Reaction score
I have looked at these but only seems to be for regular cab and I have ext. cab. As far as running amps off of the factory head unit, all you need is a line output converter. They have a nice one I have used a couple times from Amazon, not only does it give you the rca outputs but it also allows you to hook up the remote power wire for the amp. I don't recall what brand it is but if I get some time I will try to find it.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Another option is to buy an amp with high level inputs (speaker level inputs).
Also, a 2 channel amp will work if it has the option to bridge to mono.