LMC Headliner w/ speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I Have looked at this myself. Its cool but im not sure I want to go through the hassle of installing the speakers.
How hard could it be though? Just wire the left to the stock left and the right to the stock right. I want to buy this but the LMC price doesn't exactly tickle me pink..

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys use these in the 73-87 trucks an say if you put better speaker in there they actually sound pretty decent

Yuta

Reaction score
I bought one on my last trip to L.A. Can't wait to put it in my blazer. I do wonder about the speakers that came with it and the fact that they will be close to my head.(I'm 6'4")

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought one on my last trip to L.A. Can't wait to put it in my blazer. I do wonder about the speakers that came with it and the fact that they will be close to my head.(I'm 6'4")
Where'd you get it and how much did you pay?
And is it plastic or fabric covered?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How hard could it be though? Just wire the left to the stock left and the right to the stock right. I want to buy this but the LMC price doesn't exactly tickle me pink..

This isn't exactly true. While it might work like that, you're changing the output impedance from your stereo by wiring up more than one speaker per channel. Not something I'd really recommend unless you're aware of the consequences. Raise the impedance and you're going to lose volume due to the higher resistance, lower the impedance and you run the risk of frying something. Also like others have mentioned, if you do go this route you're definitely going to want to replace those speakers. I can absolutely guarantee you they're junk. On top of that I'd recommend a separate amp to give you those extra channels, and that would require either an aftermarket head unit with RCA pre-outs or an interface to provide you with some from your factory radio. Lots of money and work for minimal gains IMHO. (Also this is just me but I think that headliner is a little ugly, different strokes though.)

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This isn't exactly true. While it might work like that, you're changing the output impedance from your stereo by wiring up more than one speaker per channel. Not something I'd really recommend unless you're aware of the consequences. Raise the impedance and you're going to lose volume due to the higher resistance, lower the impedance and you run the risk of frying something. Also like others have mentioned, if you do go this route you're definitely going to want to replace those speakers. I can absolutely guarantee you they're junk. On top of that I'd recommend a separate amp to give you those extra channels, and that would require either an aftermarket head unit with RCA pre-outs or an interface to provide you with some from your factory radio. Lots of money and work for minimal gains IMHO. (Also this is just me but I think that headliner is a little ugly, different strokes though.)
I wish i knew more about audio. I definitely don't want to get rid of my stock head unit. While we're on adding speakers, how hard would it be to install two 10's with a 2-channel amp? Can the stock head unit handle it?