LM7 + PerformaBuilt 4L60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highriseZ71

Reaction score
Long long long time lurker, first time posting. Finished my LSX swap earlier in August. It's as close to a frame off build as I could get in my driveway/garage. Just in time for LS Fest!! Wanted to share this picture with the world of people who would understand what it took to get this done. I plan on doing a full write up of everything soon!
You must be registered for see images attach

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your airfilter setup is interesting.. What is it?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Older style 6.5L diesel that was also used in the Inline-6 gas and diesel trucks.

The newer 6.5s and 8.1L trucks use a forward facing box that allows a cleaner intake duct routing.

highriseZ71

Reaction score
What L31MaxExpress said^. I wanted to try and keep it looking as stock as possible. The plumbing was a slight challenge but it fits!

Edit* also, we tried both the old and new style as L31 suggested. The new style is great because you pretty much have a straight shot across the engine bay. The problem I had is I kept the AC in its stock location with the ICT Billet brackets and it is directly in line (i.e. in the way) of that straight shot. Since I was having to go around the AC compressor anyway, it looked better to me to make one turn into the box instead of two around the battery and then into the box.

Last edited:

at7615

Reaction score
Long long long time lurker, first time posting. Finished my LSX swap earlier in August. It's as close to a frame off build as I could get in my driveway/garage. Just in time for LS Fest!! Wanted to share this picture with the world of people who would understand what it took to get this done. I plan on doing a full write up of everything soon!
Sweet!

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow! Nice truck. The stance, wheels/tires, body, etc. Then underhood is just as nice! Be proud cuz it's a beautiful ride. Clean swap with more hours in it than GM put into the whole truck!
Is it gonna be a daily driver, or a garage ornament?