Lifter replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiGorda

Reaction score
Hello

I need to replace a damaged lifter in my 350 TBI.

Around 9,000 miles the engine was rebuilt and put a Lunati kit with lifters included, the cam is not very agressive (Advertised Duration 280/290, Lift .443/.465) and the truck is my daily driver and use to drive quitely.

I don´t want to buy the whole set of Lunati lifters, just one.

Do you think one of these or both would work fine, without any risk?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLP-HT-817

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mel-jb-817/make/chevrolet/model/tahoe/year/1995

Or may I use the components inside the Lunati lifter? the spring and something like a cartridge, they look fine. Would they fit in the lifters of the links?

Thanks

MiGorda

Reaction score
If you wiped out a lifter you wiped out the cam, at that point it needs a new cam and because of that new lifter set. There really isn't a quick fix.
Thanks but the lifter was ok, apparently, I broke it when I tried to remove it. Actually stills in the engine, I don´t know how to take it out, so I called a mechanic and I hope he can do it :(

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks but the lifter was ok, apparently, I broke it when I tried to remove it. Actually stills in the engine, I don´t know how to take it out, so I called a mechanic and I hope he can do it :(
Kind of thinking you need someone with experience to put their eyes on it.

MiGorda

Reaction score
Kind of thinking you need someone with experience to put their eyes on it.
Yes inded but anyway the lifter is damaged, could you tell me if one of those would work correctly with that cam? At least without pushing too much the engine.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes inded but anyway the lifter is damaged, could you tell me if one of those would work correctly with that cam? At least without pushing too much the engine.
If the lifter is damaged then almost without a doubt the cam lobe is damaged and will without a doubt destroy a new lifter. I'm not sure what part of that you're not understanding.

MiGorda

Reaction score
If the lifter is damaged then almost without a doubt the cam lobe is damaged and will without a doubt destroy a new lifter. I'm not sure what part of that you're not understanding.
I understand it perfectly. If you know the answer of my question please tell me, that's it.

MiGorda

Reaction score
You are just giving your opinion and not responding my question but ok, thanks.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are just giving your opinion and not responding my question but ok, thanks.
The lifter fitting in the engine is one thing, whether it fixes you problem is another. The mechanic you have coming will also be giving his opinion. You might want to listen to it. With some pictures of said parts I could give a more definitive answer but you don't seem willing to help yourself by doing that.

Last edited: