Lifted CC for sale ---- anyone know the truck or the guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Carbed and how it was done. There are alot of sensors that are not there now. Harness cut up? Just saying alot has been changed and I don't know how it was done.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Carbed and how it was done. There are alot of sensors that are not there now. Harness cut up? Just saying alot has been changed and I don't know how it was done.

got ya... i just needed to know if anyone saw any problems.. he told me he still had everything to convert back to fuel injection not sure if he cut harness though.....said he wanted carb because of better mpg and power.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
The conversion looks pretty clean, although it's hard to tell from one picture.

Looks like a solid truck. Not a fan of the rear bumper or tail lights though.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no the rear bumper would be replaced with a stock NBS bumper i have an extra from a 00 chevy anyway and i would get stock looking LED tails in the tinted version for the lights.. im still waiting on pics hes suppose to be getting me some soon..

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He's full of crap on the MPG thing. Carb never gets as good as EFI, just a design thing. What probably happened is the truck was dogged and blew a motor. Either he had this motor in something else or a friend did or he got it on CL and just plopped it in there. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, seems like a nice truck, just be careful. And yea I probably wouldn't go over 7k specially with mileage difference thing. If he's been tryin to sell it for a while and you show him 70 $100 bills he won't let you walk away. If he says no pull it out of your pocket, if he sees it he'll be done. Just my .02 btw

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He's full of crap on the MPG thing. Carb never gets as good as EFI, just a design thing. What probably happened is the truck was dogged and blew a motor. Either he had this motor in something else or a friend did or he got it on CL and just plopped it in there. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, seems like a nice truck, just be careful. And yea I probably wouldn't go over 7k specially with mileage difference thing. If he's been tryin to sell it for a while and you show him 70 $100 bills he won't let you walk away. If he says no pull it out of your pocket, if he sees it he'll be done. Just my .02 btw

yeah im just really scared to blow all the money i got from my 95 on somthing that im going to have to dump another 3k into just to have it be a reliable DD when i could have dropped the money all at once on a good one.. last time i bought somthing from elizabethtown it turned out to be junk.. kinda funny how he just had motor and tranny rebuilt and i know from experience how much this costs then 5000 miles later wants to sell it for 8500 when he just dropped like 4k into motor and tranny not to long ago.. he said it sets in his building and he never drives it.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, something is amiss. I get 12-13MPG with my EFI 454! Vortec thats bigger, higher, and heavier. Vortecs are multiport fuel injection in the intake runners, we aren't talking about some injectors sitting atop a modified carb anymore. Fuel injection is more efficient.

Either the guy was too dumb to fix the fuel injection or there is an insidious reason for that. My guess is that he was having electrical problems that he couldn't fix and gave up.

There are things about that truck that I like, but a huge red flag on the EFI delete for carb. Plus, if your county ever starts an emissions program, you are screwed.

You have good money for a 96-00 crew cab OBS. I would 100% without a doubt take a pass on that one.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, something is amiss. I get 12-13MPG with my EFI 454! Vortec thats bigger, higher, and heavier. Vortecs are multiport fuel injection in the intake runners, we aren't talking about some injectors sitting atop a modified carb anymore. Fuel injection is more efficient.

Either the guy was too dumb to fix the fuel injection or there is an insidious reason for that. My guess is that he was having electrical problems that he couldn't fix and gave up.

There are things about that truck that I like, but a huge red flag on the EFI delete for carb. Plus, if your county ever starts an emissions program, you are screwed.

You have good money for a 96-00 crew cab OBS. I would 100% without a doubt take a pass on that one.

this is why i posted it up so i would get some feed back iof owners who knew more about things then i do.. i really appreciate it

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let me give you a pointer. Keep an eye out in Craigslist in: Las Vegas,NV and Phoenix,AZ for 96-00 lifted crews. They come up regularly and are usually beautiful.