lift or no lift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck in my signiture is the one I'm talking about. I know its already lifted, it is a 6in Tuff country with 35in Cooper ST's. I'm debaiting weather or not to keep the lift. There is nothing wrong with it, I'm just thinking of trying to get another look. Im looking for a chrome grill guard with out the brush guards. I know that will make a difference. So just looking for different opinions. If I put it back to stock ish I want to just do ford keys and keep the aal in the rear and run Cooper ST 285's. I'm up in the air with the flares too. They have bad rub marks behind them from being on there too long. I like It way better with out them with just the factory chrome trim but I'm SOL on that option unless I repaint the truck. That is not in the picture any time soon.

Felony

Reaction score
I would say get something for the front, and leave it alone. It looks beautiful like that. Are the flares painted the same color as the truck? But yeah, I vote for a grill guard and leave the rest alone.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say get something for the front, and leave it alone. It looks beautiful like that. Are the flares painted the same color as the truck? But yeah, I vote for a grill guard and leave the rest alone.
Flairs are black. As of right now there are no extra lights on the front I took them off. One of the 7in Hellas broke.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
You have a very clean truck bro! Get a pro comp light bar like mine. The bull bar would look good too. IMO I would keep it lifted

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I am not sure about your lift but some of the mounts may have been cut off during the install(usually on the dif). Also if you do go back to stock just keep your stock keys because ford keys are useless because stockers will crank to the droop stops.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no way would I remove the lift, get ya a brush gaurd lmc and jcwhitney has them.

but ford keys do nothing but waste your money, use your stockers and forget it.

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It may be more work than it is worth because you would have to find and weld the factory bump stops back on that were cut off when the lift was installed. You could almost de-crank the front bars remove the rear addaleaf or shorter block and run 285's pretty easy.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no way would I remove the lift, get ya a brush gaurd lmc and jcwhitney has them.

but ford keys do nothing but waste your money, use your stockers and forget it.
I looked at the grill guards at JC Whitney and they only run 139 I think I may do that. I never knew the ford key sucked that bad its good to know thanks everyone.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It may be more work than it is worth because you would have to find and weld the factory bump stops back on that were cut off when the lift was installed. You could almost de-crank the front bars remove the rear addaleaf or shorter block and run 285's pretty easy.
I was thinking about decranking the T bars and going that route but thanks for all the opinions.
I might just have to go to 18's with the 35's maybe that will give me what im looking for too. I found a set of 4 Procomp extreme wheels they are 18x9 for $100 bucks but they dont have the deep enough offset that I would like. They are pretty much just a flat wheel. But for $100 I can resell them and make some $$$