lift or no lift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I just watched the episode again on the Blazer SAS on my DVR and some Chevys have a slip yoke for the front out put instead of the fixed yoke so the slip is a no no because if the drive shaft extends too far it will fall out. So that might be why some trucks don't have the front drive shaft. The only other time i have seen it is because the lift is too tall and they didn't clock the pinion at the right angle to line up with the t-case and the angle is too severe and they would bust u-joints left right and center

Last edited:

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that all makes sense. what did you get your front end out of? and what all does it take to do the swap on a Dana 44. I dont need a Dana60 so the 44 should be alot cheaper I would think. But before I do anymore I need to fix my tranny first. Has any one herd anything bad on the Monster rebuild kits? Im thinking of doing it all myself and save like $600 I know everyone loves warranties but if I can fix it once I can fix it again. Thats my logic. Plus its a learning experence.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I have heard that the Monster kit is good. I think once again Xtreme 4x4 used it on that blazer or on another vehicle. And yes a Dana 44 is a lot cheaper than a Dana 60 but if you plan on beating on it off road a 60 is better. Basically there are a couple companies that make all the brackets to perform the SAS like offroadunlimited.com and offroaddirect.com. After you pick a kit you need leaf springs, cross over steering kit, gears and a front drive shaft. How big of a lift and or tires do you plan on running?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Yes that will be perfect. Then if you do the shackle flip in the rear and a zero rate block it will sit level. Have you checked out the Cooper STT?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Oh okay. The only cooper I can run is the stt, its the only 37 they make. My girls parents have them on the tahoe and they last forever and rip in the snow