Lift my 99 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i have decided that i do not want a lowered DD, and i really dont want to leave it at is current state. so why not lift it.

what i really want to do is make a 2dr tahoe version of Hunter's, oohunter04oo, truck. i dont really want to go all out like i would say he did. but i want the height that he has in the front and the capability to run any and all factory 6 lug GM wheels. Starting out i only want to be able to run factory nnbs wheels and tires, as in 265/70R17s.

So here are my questions:
What lift should i use?
Would spacer/adapters still allow me to truck tire in the rear?
What spacer/adapters should i use?
What problems might i run into in this project?

my tahoe
You must be registered for see images

thanks yall.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Rc spindle lift

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rc spindle lift

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

which one.

I'd leave it as it is. Looks great that way

i dont really like stock that much. and i cant stand the nose dive even more. i like the front to be higher than the rear. and i have this vision in my head that ive never seen before on a 2wd tahoe. and i want to make it happen so bad.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on another note does anybody know what spacer adapters i would need to be able to tuck tire on oem 6 lug wheels. cause i plan to try and stuff some 285s at some point with it lifted. basically make it look as if it was a factory 6 lug 4wd tahoe.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
4 inch spindle lift should put it up a little higher up front

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4 inch spindle lift should put it up a little higher up front

you think i should just go with the whole lift and just use the front or just buy the spindles and then purchase shocks afterwards. im really new to the lifted 2wd thing and dont really know what other things that i might need upfront with the spindles. also do you know of any problems that i might have with it once its lifted.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
on another note does anybody know what spacer adapters i would need to be able to tuck tire on oem 6 lug wheels. cause i plan to try and stuff some 285s at some point with it lifted. basically make it look as if it was a factory 6 lug 4wd tahoe.

Why do you want it to look like a stock 4x4?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
you think i should just go with the whole lift and just use the front or just buy the spindles and then purchase shocks afterwards. im really new to the lifted 2wd thing and dont really know what other things that i might need upfront with the spindles. also do you know of any problems that i might have with it once its lifted.

Just get the spindles, dont buy the whole kit because you dont need the blocks in the back, however, you are popping top and bottom ball joints off the spindle, I would replace those (Moog) and put on new wheel bearings (Timken Bearings) and A new wheel seal ( i would just slam on a new rotor too because it gets messy) and if you got money, check the rest of the suspension, if its old and beat, swap it out!