lift ideas for a 95k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

philv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a 4by now and of course I won't leave it alone.lol is there a big enough lift I can get to run 37's and keep the the diff up high enough so I don't have to use a rediculously big plate to protect it? Or is a SAS conversion in my future.lol also with running 37's what would be the weak links? I'm putting my 9.5 14 bolt in it and trans needs a rebuild. The engine is weak so my 383 will be going in. Any help would be much appreciated as I want something I don't have to fix every week.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Sas it off the bat if you plan on doing so down the road. Otherwise it's just wasted money for the ifs lift. Drive the truck as is and gather the parts needed to sas it. Have the axles geared and ready to go in. Then tear it down and rebuild it. There is no sense in building the same things over and over again.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
If you don't want to put a SFA in it then go with a BDS and crank it up a little, you can fit 37's.

megaburb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
With 37's the whole front end is a weak link... Cv's won't last long, tie rods... I've even seen years ago where a front diff case busted in half! And that was with 35s and trying to baby it. I agree with scottyinwv, save the money and SAS.