Leveling question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to level out my truck but I'm not real keen on cranking on the torsion bars because I like my ride now. Are there any options to level out the front of my truck other than cranking? Is cranking on a 3/4 as bad as it is for a 1/2 ton?

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cranking is the only way to "level"
As I expected just wanted to hear someone else confirm it. Are there any differences between a 3/4 and 1/2 I should know there are literally a billion+ threads about cranking a 1/2.

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its the same, I cranked my 2000 k2500 up four turns and it was way to high and the ride was very stiff (actually i liked the ride but the angles were too bad). So i dropped it 3 turns and it was too low... so up it went 1 turn and now its perfect. So mine is sitting at two turns up and is quite level with maybe a very very small touch of the front end down. Lube the torsion bolts with pb before touching them.

As long as you do not forget how many turns up or down you have gone and you do the exact same number of turns on both sides you can play with it as much as you want and then after a few days if you satisfied with the height go get an alignment.

Make sure that your tire pressures are perfect when trying to set the ride height so you don throw anything off. Mine is 55 psi front and 80 psi rear according to the door plate.

Also i just put on new bilsteins in the rear and it raised it up a little bit so im going to do the same to the front with new shocks.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its the same, I cranked my 2000 k2500 up four turns and it was way to high and the ride was very stiff (actually i liked the ride but the angles were too bad). So i dropped it 3 turns and it was too low... so up it went 1 turn and now its perfect. So mine is sitting at two turns up and is quite level with maybe a very very small touch of the front end down. Lube the torsion bolts with pb before touching them.

As long as you do not forget how many turns up or down you have gone and you do the exact same number of turns on both sides you can play with it as much as you want and then after a few days if you satisfied with the height go get an alignment.

Make sure that your tire pressures are perfect when trying to set the ride height so you don throw anything off. Mine is 55 psi front and 80 psi rear according to the door plate.

Also i just put on new bilsteins in the rear and it raised it up a little bit so im going to do the same to the front with new shocks.

80 psi will eat rear tires unless you're loaded... FYI

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to level out my truck but I'm not real keen on cranking on the torsion bars because I like my ride now. Are there any options to level out the front of my truck other than cranking? Is cranking on a 3/4 as bad as it is for a 1/2 ton?

Put weight in the back :33:

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
havent had a problem but i will keep an eye on it. , i actually run about 60 up front b/c the outside edges of the tires seem to wear like crazy unless the psi is up