Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonka329

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for a leveling kit for my '96 K1500. Looking to bring it up so my plow won't drag it down this winter. Plow is a Western 8' Pro Plow. Is there any decent tips or tricks out there to help with my issue? I sold my K2500 so, not sure if my plow will make the front of my 1500 drag... Thanks in advance for any advice or help!:)

Attachments

• blueGMC2.jpg
    blueGMC2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 38

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Crank your torsion bars no such thing as a leveling kit for these

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Looking for a leveling kit for my '96 K1500. Looking to bring it up so my plow won't drag it down this winter. Plow is a Western 8' Pro Plow. Is there any decent tips or tricks out there to help with my issue? I sold my K2500 so, not sure if my plow will make the front of my 1500 drag... Thanks in advance for any advice or help!:)

Torsion bar keys are a waist. You could crank your torsion bars to get a little more lift. But your best bet is to get some 2500 torsion bars and stick in there. They are a direct replacement.

Tonka329

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crank your torsion bars no such thing as a leveling kit for these

I was thinking that also but, not wanting to throw out my alignment thz71??

Torsion bar keys are a waist. You could crank your torsion bars to get a little more lift. But your best bet is to get some 2500 torsion bars and stick in there. They are a direct replacement.

I never thought about 2500 torsions. I guess they would fit. Thanks Hunter!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I was thinking that also but, not wanting to throw out my alignment thz71??

I never thought about 2500 torsions. I guess they would fit. Thanks Hunter!

If you replace your torsion bars make sure you measure your fenders and adjust them back to the same measurement, but it would be a good idea to get another alignment.

Colton_HD

Reaction score
Sigh. For the plow id add 2500 springs. Just stay off the droop stops and you'll be fine. Also a alignment is a must not an option.

Sent from my Big Block iPhone using Tapatalk

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Whether you replace the keys or just crank you need an alignment either way because both is changing the front geometry, same as adding 2500 torsion bars

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Sigh. For the plow id add 2500 springs. Just stay off the droop stops and you'll be fine. Also a alignment is a must not an option.

Sent from my Big Block iPhone using Tapatalk
2500 springs huh? Lol

Tonka329

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL I'm sure about the alignment. I was an alignment tech for Goodyear. Torsions cranked or 2500 torsions will create positive camber issues. I'll send it to the shop for an alignment..

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
LOL I'm sure about the alignment. I was an alignment tech for Goodyear. Torsions cranked or 2500 torsions will create positive camber issues. I'll send it to the shop for an alignment..

Actually cranking the torsion bars will cause negative camber and decranking will cause positive camber.