Leveled or Not??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Moore

Reaction score
I was told when I bought this truck a few months ago that it had drop shackles and was leveled. Can somebody verify this for me by the pictures I am including? Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely looks like a set of 2" drop shackles in the rear to me.

Michael Moore

Reaction score
Definitely looks like a set of 2" drop shackles in the rear to me.
So I'm guessing that it's dropped 2 inches in the back instead of 4 inches then. I was thinking of putting 2 inch drop spinnels in the front since the rear is lowered. Maybe going for a 2/4 drop.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I'm guessing that it's dropped 2 inches in the back instead of 4 inches then. I was thinking of putting 2 inch drop spinnels in the front since the rear is lowered. Maybe going for a 2/4 drop.

Yup, that would be my guess. Looks like it sits pretty level right now and a 2" drop in the rear is the most common way to accomplish that.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You'll need 2" drop front hangers along with the shackles that you have & the spindles. Pain to install.
Keep your originals.
Yes on the spindles. That way, when you start thinkin', "Damn! It's just not low enough!" (You will! Lol!), you can just cut a coil outa the stock springs for a 2" drop getting you 4".
But those damn hangers will have to be replaced when the flip is added for the 6" rear.