lets talk mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimT

Reaction score
On my truck I have a single chamber flowmaster knockoff dumped right before the axle with a six inch tip lol and love it. Has a real deep agressive tone to it and doesn't drone too horribly bad.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Iv had a few setups on my truck. I got it with strait pipes and like 5 inch echo tips lol **** had to go quick. Then I had duel flowmaster 40s dumped before axle sounded ok but didnt really like it on my truck. Then had duel cherry bomb extremes dumped before axle liked it but was pretty clappy up top but these two setup had cats I put the same extremes on a truck without cats and loved it. Now Im running no cats with good ol thrush tube glasspacks cheapest setup Iv ever had and I love it!!! lol

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SlimT does ur set up crakle a lot? most of these trucks around here with duals (im not sure if they are straits or not) crakel like crazy i presonally think it sounds like crap. im thinking of running a set of headers then 3inch pipe back to about the rider door into an x pipe then back to a 44 and dump it before the axle with a turn down

smurphy

Reaction score
My setup is 3" aluminized tubing going to a 3" inlet/outlet super 44 muffler. My tip is an 18"x5" stainless steel slant cut with rolled edges that dumps right before the rear axle...its relatively quiet at cruising speeds but loud under hard acceleration. Above all it has a really deep throaty sound

SlimT

Reaction score
SlimT does ur set up crakle a lot? most of these trucks around here with duals (im not sure if they are straits or not) crakel like crazy i presonally think it sounds like crap. im thinking of running a set of headers then 3inch pipe back to about the rider door into an x pipe then back to a 44 and dump it before the axle with a turn down

Not at all. I have pacesetter longtubes Y'd and a gutted cat with 3inch pipe into muffler. It has a nice deep rumble to it while cruising till you get on it and it does not crackle or pop at any RPM.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for your help guys i just hate when they pop and crakel and everything i think it makes it sound likepoo

Reaction score
man ive read a bunch of the posts and im surprised that magnaflow isnt mentioned at all i have a 94 with the 350 ive got stock manifolds with a single in dual out magnaflow no cat its the best sounding muffler in my opinion its got the best of all of em i dont know what your tastes is but this muffler has a very deep throaty aggressive sound on acceleration and a good roar but no pop and crackle when you let out of it its sounds amazing if you want to spend 125 bucks on a muffler i promise you will have a sound that no one else does

KennyB01

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
man ive read a bunch of the posts and im surprised that magnaflow isnt mentioned at all i have a 94 with the 350 ive got stock manifolds with a single in dual out magnaflow no cat its the best sounding muffler in my opinion its got the best of all of em i dont know what your tastes is but this muffler has a very deep throaty aggressive sound on acceleration and a good roar but no pop and crackle when you let out of it its sounds amazing if you want to spend 125 bucks on a muffler i promise you will have a sound that no one else does

which muffler is that. i can not find one like that?

Red97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
3" hooker aerochamber center inlet center outlet, heddman shorty headers 2.5" y pipe 3" single, 3.5" tip under the box befor the rear axle. no cat, nice deep tone no crackle, not really any drone on the highway.