lets talk mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its not that loud. lol my 77 chevy swb was! it had a built 350 with dual 2.5 with 40's and 5" tips. its was annoying loud!

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
it all depends on the sound your looking for, i have stock manifolds into 2.5 inch pipe through cats and have moroso spiral flow mufflers and i love the sound, except i havent been able to finish the exhaust so it ends at the mufflers and because i dont have any back pressure behind the mufflers, it tends to make a popping sound when your coming down from the rev limited but i love the sound, moroso spiral flows are about as free flowing as they get and sounds great, but if i were you id go on youtube and look up different variations of exhaust setups

97SubMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have hedman LTs + true duals + Super 44s, and it's pretty damn aggressive and loud. Super 44s are the only Flowmasters I like. They rap off at higher RPMS and rumble real nice at idle.

:imo: He's damn right! I ran this same exact setup on my old truck and it was perfect! Behind a HO 350 GM Performance crate motor, but sounded awesome none the less!

And as for turn downs :nono: true dual 45 slash cuts is the only way that I'll end off an exhaust, its sexy and loud, no better way than that!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Just make sure when doing turndowns in front of axle, that you actually turn the pipe down first then do 45degree slash on the tip........45degree cut on a straight back piece will damage your axle.

redneck98

All the girls wanna ride!
Reaction score
i have true duel cherry bomb Vortex 45ed out the back with no cats. i love it no drone at all. it pops pretty goo at 2500-2800RPM then goes away.

Packmule

Reaction score
When I bought mine it had gutted cats to 2 center in/out flowmaster race mufflers hooked to a set of 5" stacks. It is beyond loud. and car alarms is no problem. Just waiting on a ticket As soon as I figure out what I want the stacks are gone. Probably going 2 spintechs dumped under the bed