LEDs in Stock Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yeah I know, and that's my fault for not getting the right ones. I think I will be fine with the standard bulbs. Thanks anyway for all of your help everyone. :)

What?

Reaction score
Did you get SRCK type LED's for the middle socket...the turn/tail/brake function? 'Cuz we've been talking about it more than a little bit in this post. :)

Richard
I have interesting result. I got new stock tailight from TYC. The right side, LED bulb works normal as stock bulb on both dim and turn/brake. With/without bulb parking lamp bulb., so that will be good news for folks wanting that stock feature as opposed to one in my video.

However, the left side works exactly as I have in my video. Result is the same regardless the LED bulb swap.

I haven't swap the assembly to the other side to see if result remains the same or not.

I am using a different relay that does maintain LED flash same as stock.

I'll have to pursue further to see why LED bulb on one side works normal like stock (Lamp/Turn/Brake), while other side works as one in my video shown(Turn/Brake only).

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
OK while you're doing this experiment I do hope you consider that your flasher unit has absolutely zero to do with whether or not the thing actually lights up correctly; it is only for controlling the rate of turn signal flash. Just an FYI so the subject doesn't get complicated.

Richard

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
sounds like there might be some confusion as to what has been proven to work and not work. i suggest some reading, starting at the beginning of this thread, so more money/time won't be wasted.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Notice in that video halfway through - 6 second mark the LED on the right hand side, middle socket (the brake/turn) is flashing the turn signal and then completely dark when it should be in taillight mode (compare to the stock incandescent on the other side - headlights are on.)

Richard

So that means the same thing would happen with the front 1157 style non SRCK bulbs also? Or because the front signals do not have a circuit board the zevo's would work?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The issue requiring SRCK LED's is strictly the way the middle socket is wired on the OEM taillight circuit board, and any copies of it that are wired the same way like the Dormans. Dunno about the TMC Glo-Brite brand or any others.

SRCK has nothing to do with the front signal sockets. Use regular 1157-replacement LED's up there.

Richard

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The issue requiring SRCK LED's is strictly the way the middle socket is wired on the OEM taillight circuit board, and any copies of it that are wired the same way like the Dormans. Dunno about the TMC Glo-Brite brand or any others.

SRCK has nothing to do with the front signal sockets. Use regular 1157-replacement LED's up there.

Richard

Got it. Thanks for the info!

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
Just put a led bulb in there. Led flasher and it should be good. That's what I have in mine 93. And Led reverse lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did the same in my 93 GMC but when you put them in the front you will need a in line resister to keep your park light out sensor from reporting one out.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What bulbs are brighter than stock for the reverse lights? I got some from e bay and they do look cool but my oem bulbs are brighter.