LED taillights poor fit! any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Return em or get some longer screws and make a couple spacers to go between the tails and the bed... washers or plastic ..

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you sure you got the tabs in the holes right on the outside edges?

ive never seen tail lights line up that bad unless they didnt get the tabs put in right or were broken

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Do they still have bit of plastic flashing from the molding process that wasn't removed and prevents the curved tabs from seating properly?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks to me like the taillight bucket isnt seating properly against the inside of the bed mount. Like mentioned above make sure the tabs are seated and locked before putting the screws in! Was it just one side that didn't line up or both?

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I thought the same with mine too, mine aren't those, mine are the ICPW ones, but the same thing happened. It has a very tight seal on it, you will need to kind of put some hard pressure on it until the plastic seal squishes down, that's really the only problem I can think of, mine fit just like stock lights after that.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
I thought the same with mine too, mine aren't those, mine are the ICPW ones, but the same thing happened. It has a very tight seal on it, you will need to kind of put some hard pressure on it until the plastic seal squishes down, that's really the only problem I can think of, mine fit just like stock lights after that.

Dont do this I cracked one of my lenses like that. You have to cut the little support in behind the the light. It is part of the bed not the actuall taillights. Il post pics when I get out of school to show you what I mean.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Ok im not sure if your lights are quite like mine but if they are then this should solve your problem! ;)
These are my L.E.D. tail lights:
You must be registered for see images attach

this is the box on the back that runs into the support in the back:

This is the support that you have to cut to get the lights to fit right "note the support is already cut":

sorry this is the best pic I could find with the support visible, compare it with the pic above.

Last edited: