led light questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at either a 20 inch bar or 2 of the 4 led pods. Which will be $150 versus $250 for the bar. My question is will the bar be worth the price difference or will 2 pods supply enough light. I have trouble seeing at night so I really want to light up the road

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put a $70 amazon bar on my 2001.

Holy cow is it bright. It literally is the brightest light I've seen.

It's 20" and I put it behind the grill.

It depends on where you want to mount it/ them. The pods offer more versatile mounting options.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have my 95 anymore but the angle (sort of the middle point of the bumper) was too much to mount the bar on.

I would want to say it would have been the same on my 95 too though.

So perhaps the pods would work better.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so apparently ALOT if not all led pods and bars have been getting stolen down here in texas because of the simple Allen wrench bolts that hold them in.

Maybe get a threaded shank and then put those caps at the end if the thread so they cannot be stolen so easily
Or pass to the next vehicle n not waste time stealing yours

Buddy's Rigids have been stolen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can get the security torqx bolts. That will slow people down.

Or just fill the head of the allen screw with jb weld. But then you'll have a hard time getting it off.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so apparently ALOT if not all led pods and bars have been getting stolen down here in texas because of the simple Allen wrench bolts that hold them in.

Maybe get a threaded shank and then put those caps at the end if the thread so they cannot be stolen so easily
Or pass to the next vehicle n not waste time stealing yours

Buddy's Rigids have been stolen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to have nice stuff down here in the rgv. Neighbor got his truck left on blocks after they stole his Texas editions. Sucks!! Abram is right use different screws or come up with some ideas to keep your stuff man.

brits92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And that is why we cant have nice things.... :(

The beauty 400