L31 Extreme Budget Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you get into the summit bargin cave at arlington? Only been there once so much going on with a House of Hotrods car show didn't even know it existed.
It is about 100 yards from the main entrance behind the main show room. If you have your back to the I-20 access road, walk past the main entrance, through the parking lot poles that seperate the parking areas, at the end of the main building, turn left and it is immediately on your left. Bargain cave has slightly reduced operating hours compared to the main show room. IIRC they both open later and close earlier. Also found out from a Summit employee the other day while I was there that they knock an additional 25% off everything in there on a holiday weekend Monday like Memorial day coming up.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These comparison screen shots show it all too. Even at idle the engine is making more vacuum. Proflow 4 is removing a ton of fuel now. The injector pulsewidth is substantially lower now at idle with the headers. It even idles noticeably smoother. Properly scavenging the cylinders of residual exhaust is an amazing thing for efficiency.

Manifolds and 5' of open pipe a few days ago.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tri-Y headers and full exhaust

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to pickup a couple more hangers tomorrow and add them in between the muffler and cats. It has 4 hangers plus the OE aleeves on the tail pipes, but as heavy as that system is a couple more hangers will not hurt a thing. I also drove it around the block, it absolutely RIPS now and has noticeably more torque at every amount of throttle opening. I am not even exaggerating when I say it feels like I pulled the L31 350 out and put a L29 454 into its place. Huge low-midrange torque gains.

Last edited:

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just used those step bands on most of my exhaust system connections, for the first time. I'm sold!

Yours looks and sound great!

HotrodZ06

GMT400 Collector
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is about 100 yards from the main entrance behind the main show room. If you have your back to the I-20 access road, walk past the main entrance, through the parking lot poles that seperate the parking areas, at the end of the main building, turn left and it is immediately on your left. Bargain cave has slightly reduced operating hours compared to the main show room. IIRC they both open later and close earlier. Also found out from a Summit employee the other day while I was there that they knock an additional 25% off everything in there on a holiday weekend Monday like Memorial day coming up.
Thanks for the information definitely hitting them on holiday weekends lol.