Kodiak/Topkick Exterior Door Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Ranch

Reaction score
Im glad I stumbled upon this thread, Ive wanted to do this mod since I saw them and the tow mirrors on 88GMCTruck's 99, I used his relay circuit to make my mirror lights signals and marker lights as well. Ive found a set of 2 on ebay made by Doorman (I have their replacement roof light lenses and gaskets on my truck now, nice stuff) for about 135 shipped, for just the handles alone. Ive noticed the rods and pawls etc (not too familiar with the inside of these doors, never had one apart short of the little wedge to replace the mirrors) - anyone have any install pictures of this so I can try to get them done in the 15 minute mark like everyone else? Thanks guys, good looking setup I think with the tows and the Kodiak handles.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those dorman handles are much cheaper on rock auto, like $25/each iirc. Plus you can use 5% off code two. Don't pay that much unless they are GM handles....

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Good point. I snagged a set of Dorman ones on ebay for about $30 shipped/EA for the 98.

FWIW I have a set of GM and Dorman handles on the truck. The dorman ones have a thicker base plate, but the paddle seems thinner on the interior of the handle. They also are more metallic sounding. Still very stout.

GMC Ranch

Reaction score
I think Im gonna go with the rock auto ones, ill have to track down the rods for the inside though, shouldnt be too hard ('course I would say that lol)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Im gonna go with the rock auto ones, ill have to track down the rods for the inside though, shouldnt be too hard ('course I would say that lol)

Just plug all the part numbers at the beginning of this thread into GM parts direct except the handles. Its about $50 shipped for all of it I believe...

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need aome help. Been running in to problems installing mine.i dont know what the hell my luck is. But first off i had to switch the plastic clip thats connected to the pawl because they were backwards. Next now my window falls down and gets jammed when it goes down and i can not open the door from the inside. Plus when i go to lock the door from the outside with the key i also hear a click. Any help is great since it is my dd and its a pain to open and close the door.

Sent from the over used computer that is a phone