Kill Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
Does anybody have one? Where did you get it and did you install it yourself?

I'm going to put one in my truck. I'd like to do it myself if possible but I don't know anything about the things lol. Also, where are some good hiding spots?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It all depends on what you plan to cut power to. You may want to cut power to the fuel pump, or the starter, or the entire truck, theres many configurations for doing this! It can be pretty easily done actually, just find a good hiding place that a potential thief wouldn't think to look (so the dash is NOT a good location). Maybe inside the center console, or the ash tray or a vent. And do not use standard colored wires, mis match the wires so it will make it much harder for a would be thief to bypass the switch. Using all black wires and tapping into the wires on the truck in a location that is not easily seen would be best!

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
Is tapping into the wires difficult? I mean I really don't know anything about wiring lol.
What do you think about under the glovebox? I like the ash tray idea, or maybe under the cupholder..

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would use something on the dash in plain sight ... like a cargo light switch ...
If someone rides with you and watches how you start your truck, common eyes dont think to watch you turn a cargo light on before starting your truck ... however, they will watch you like a hawk reaching your hands under your dash to flip a switch ...
Similar to the way big rigs have their jay brakes setup ...
My alarm engine kill goes to the fire wire from the ignition switch ...

just my suggestion here ...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have a buddy that has his kill switch down behind the driver's seat belt retractor, on the pillar, close to the floor, below where the factory speaker is. He can flick it on as he's getting into the truck without anyone noticing.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did one on my 99 I used a relay and a switch and wirred it up to the neutral safety switch just like you would on a alarm. I have also done them to cut off the fuel pump

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
:hmm: Pretty good ideas so far. Unfortunately my truck doesn't have an alarm and I don't think they're effective enough for the price. That's another topic though lol.

So where did you, those of you that have one, get yours? Will that one on amazon I posted work fine?
and is it difficult to install?

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:hmm: Pretty good ideas so far. Unfortunately my truck doesn't have an alarm and I don't think they're effective enough for the price. That's another topic though lol.

So where did you, those of you that have one, get yours? Will that one on amazon I posted work fine?
and is it difficult to install?

All i used was a 30 amp relay a mini toggle switch. No kit here