Keyless Remotes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im having an issue programing a second remote on my 95 suburban, the first remote programs fine, but if I try to program a second, the first becomes unprogramed and dead.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are following the procedure in the service manual?

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can only use and program an OEM pair of remotes. The aftermarket ones are SOLO only.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You can only use and program an OEM pair of remotes. The aftermarket ones are SOLO only.
Never heard of that before. You can program up to four remotes, it doesn't matter what kind as long as the transmitter and receiver FCCIDs match.
Im having an issue programing a second remote on my 95 suburban, the first remote programs fine, but if I try to program a second, the first becomes unprogramed and dead.

How are you programming them? If you're repeating the ENTIRE programming process for each remote, you'll clear the memory every time and end up with just the one remote programmed. When it gets to the part where you hold both remote buttons, when the locks cycle grab the next remote and hold its buttons until the locks cycle again, do this again for up to four remotes. Then end the learning cycle, do not repeat the entire process for each remote.

Shane B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figured it out, they are both factory remotes, they have to be programed at the same time.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It does reference that procedure in the service manual.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What rpo code do you have that shows you have keyless entry? I would like to see if I have it too.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In My 95 K2500 it was part of interior convenience package. Remote keyless entry. " A, U, 0 ( zero ).