K2500 clicks but won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTJustin

Reaction score
Always reading info off of here, but never signed up so I finally did. having a problem with a k2500 I bought. Got it with a blown motor but it still started and ran fine. Put in a new to me motor off Craigslist which is a TBI 350 like the one it came with. Got everything in but it wouldn't turn over, click or anything. Turns out I was in a rush and put the battery ground wire that is supposed to run to the intake manifold somewhere else. So now when I turn the key to crank it, she makes a ticking noise as long as I hold the key. Had my brother listen to the noise while I turned it and he pointed near the starter. I can't get in a position to jump the solenoid. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
First try charging the battery. Multiple clicking usually indicates a weak or bad battery. A single click usually indicates a bad starter.