Just a quick rant...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
All right. I've got to get something out.

When it comes to performance mods, unless you have personally used or have done the mod you are commending or condoning, PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR OPINION ON IT.

Too many times - and it's not just here, it's every forum I've ever been on - people just throw their .02 in just because they heard something about it or so-and-so said so. Look, it's fine to have an opinion, but unless you have used the product or done the mod or even have had a friend that used or did whatever is being discussed (and I'm even tentative about that), don't just throw a haphazard comment in if you have never used or done it.

Personally, I'm tired of seeing "I've heard (mod) doesn't do anything, so don't use it" or "Don't waste your time on that, I've never used (mod) but I heard it's no good". To me, that's useless, I want to know from someone with firsthand experience with it, not just some forum-induced mass opinion based on what some guy said and now everyone believes it.

So, before you throw a half-@$$ed comment in on something you've never used or done, don't. Instead, maybe you know someone on the forum who has and you can direct the asker to them, if not, just leave it alone. That's kind of the point in the first place, right? To get solid information from someone with some experience with whatever it is you want to know about?

Thank you, have a nice day. :Rant:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I never aid don't use it. I just said I heard that it does damage to gaskets. I'm not saying, "oh don't use it, it'll do more harm then good!"

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Honestly I don't know what you're talking about haha. That rant was actually induced off-site, but it carried over

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
oh, my bad. I posted a comment on seafoam. That you were talking about me :Stupid Me:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
yeah I do. Mine was meant to be more of a 'is this right' type of thing. I wasn't trying to say 'that is 100% what it does because I read it online somewhere'.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
And you are correct, it does damage gaskets, IF you don't use the right ratio to the fuel. As far as putting it in your oil, I've done it before every oil change in everything I've ever had, even go-karts and lawnmowers. Never had gasket issues

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
No harm, no foul man. Honestly it was from a guy that I was talking to at the gas station about my truck ( I was checking my trans fluid and he saw the "454" in the grille), he kept coming back to the Volant intake, how it was "just for looks, doesn't really do anything". I asked if he had ever used one or had any solid evidence that it didn't work to back it up - "nah, man, my uncle's a mechanic (I hate that word, by the way) and says that cold air intakes are junk, so I never used one". It just grinds my gears when people are sheeple and just believe what they hear and don't actually try it. I've disproven many people simply by trying and proving what they said was not helpful, useful, or worth it.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Is this about my comment on the cold air intake on a vortec?

Why I'm hurt. I'm going to hold my breathe until you apologize.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Is this about my comment on the cold air intake on a vortec?

Why I'm hurt. I'm going to hold my breathe until you apologize.

Not at all. I guess I should specify that this was not pointed at anyone in particular. And I replied to your comment in that thread, right? Trust me, Dave (I assume that's your name from your user ID), I'm not a petty little girl who runs somewhere else to cry about what somebody said. Noone on this forum is feeding me, paying me, or (god forbid) screwing me, so I'm not really worried about their opinions of me, haha. This was just an all-enveloping rant, for both the forums and outside. No hard feelings at all, I'm not a-skeered to say so if I had any. :cheers: