Junkyard makeover - Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlK89EXLB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the never ending process of improving my '92 Cab/Chassis K3500 I've begun tackling the super basic vinyl W/T interior...( no power locks, windows, mirrors, no ac and manual vent / heat controls) For a temporary fix I added the carpets and cloth bench out of a rusted out Silverado trim truck.
Using that truck and scouring my local wrecking yard I gathered a nice assortment of clean plastic parts out of higher trim trucks.
The goal is to eventually get an all grey / black interior, not a huge red fan, but it was much better than the ripped up grey vinyl bench, and free :)

Here's whats been done, and whats to come... All my parts are junkyard finds. I did the headliner myself, it's not perfect, but I like it.

- Added Silverado floor and wall carpets
- Added int. wipers / cruise + stalk
- Plastic kick panels, A-pillars - Painted Charcoal Grey
- Silverado B-panels, coat clip, hand grab for pass. seat belt covers + belts
- Silverado jack holder / storage bin behind seat, OEM jack, cover, tool
- Silverado headliner - recovered in grey suede
- '94 Tahoe overhead console, recovered in grey suede
- Aftermarket radio panel, OEM radio filler cubby
- Cheap radio / media receiver
- Pioneer 6" rear (custom boxes behind seat)
- 3" made in china front speakers

To do:
- Custom center console
- Bucket seats
- Re-tint rear window 5%
- 25% on side windows
- Digital climate control out of silverado
- hook up A/C, swap to elec. vents

You must be registered for see images attach
before
after

Comments & Suggestions are welcome!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Interior looks great so far!
Now, once you get the buckets you're looking for,
I want...
need
gotta have
require
demand
that red bench with the arm rest!!!!
I had one. Perfect shape! Didn't need it. Gave it away!!! Now that I NEED one, I can not find one anywhere!
DAMN!!!

BlK89EXLB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
-- I know this bench was a score, I like the bench, and may just make a slip on cover for it. If I go buckets it's going in another truck I'm fixing up.

However, I've got a friend who inherited his dads junkyard. He has 15-20 GMT400s he's letting me pick over before he scraps everything. I've got tons of 88-89, 90-94, 95-99 interior pieces, OEM radios, dig. climate controls, overhead consoles, gauge clusters, seats, center consoles... pretty much everything except wheels and tires......and mirrors, some kids smashed every damn one...
I'm not a vendor and don't want to get in any kind of trouble on here but PM me if there's anything you'd want me to look for. I live in zip 16066, and can ship from an industrial address to save money

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im lookin for a newer 40/20/40 bench seat with flip down console and cupholders lol found em in 05's but there are hardly any in our local yards

BlK89EXLB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fab'd up a center console for the truck. 2x 6" Pioneer 250W 2 ways, running off a 500W pioneer amp. The center console lines up flush with the bottom of the radio. It looks crooked bc I just have it sitting in there, Next stop, finishing the rear cab trim, "customizing" the rear storage cubby for a little more useful space. Debating on dark grey or black for the carpet and seats. Going for two tone black and grey suede on the doors, dying the plastic dark grey. Might cover the soft plastics vent surrounds in suede, still kicking that plan around.
Lemme know what you think / any suggestions post 'em up!

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that center is cool looks like a dog box out of a ol' chevy box truck to me lol still cool though if me my wife and our 5 yr old didnt have to ride in my reg cab everytime we go somewhere and i wanna drive it i would do this

BlK89EXLB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha thanks man, and I'll keep an eye out for that seat... seems all the -800s are stripped to the floors or worn out work trucks that I've seen in local yards.

karl02

Reaction score
Looks good. I really like the center console. Nice idea!

Loydw

Reaction score
Looking for the plastic piece that goes from the top of the rear window to the headliner and has the dome light in the middle. color doesn't matter just not broken on the ends