JBA Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timothy R Mix

Reaction score
Hey Y'all!
New to forum here!
Has anyone installed JBA 1840S Headers on their 4.3L? Did it make any difference? Did they fit ok?
Here is where I'm at. I need to replace the exhaust system anyway, the studs broke off trying to remove the exhaust so if I have to remove the manifolds anyway to drill and heli-coil the holes I might as well put headers on....well that is my line of thinking anyway. Any pitfalls I need to watch for? Worth doing? and this truck isn't out fitted with a cat....has an O2 sensor...is that normal?

1995 Chevy Cheyanne 4x4, 4.3L, 5 spd man, extended cab, step side.

TIA

Cheers!
Tim

Russ95

Reaction score
Hey Y'all!
New to forum here!
Has anyone installed JBA 1840S Headers on their 4.3L? Did it make any difference? Did they fit ok?
Here is where I'm at. I need to replace the exhaust system anyway, the studs broke off trying to remove the exhaust so if I have to remove the manifolds anyway to drill and heli-coil the holes I might as well put headers on....well that is my line of thinking anyway. Any pitfalls I need to watch for? Worth doing? and this truck isn't out fitted with a cat....has an O2 sensor...is that normal?

1995 Chevy Cheyanne 4x4, 4.3L, 5 spd man, extended cab, step side.

TIA

Cheers!
Tim
Following. I've heard good things about jbas, to date just have a custom y pipe and a cat back with dump off the muffler. Won't do headers till the engine rebuild.