is this illegal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99K1500

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I was told by someone my lights are illegal and that they can only be red when in the rear, so.....are these illegal:shrug:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/code//321.387.pdf

For Iowa, in regards to rear lamps. It doesn't specifically prohibit amber, but the wording leads me to believe that they'd prefer red. I'm guessing this could probably go either way depending on the cop who stops you. If you don't want law enforcement to use it as an excuse to stop you then I'd probably change or remove them.

99K1500

Reaction score
:lol:Lol, that's exactly what I thought, so they should be legal if I change them to red

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
:lol:Lol, that's exactly what I thought, so they should be legal if I change them to red

Well check your local law, don't just go off what Bill on FB told you or whatever, for all I know they are legal there lol.

But I know they wouldn't be illegal anywhere if they were red.

IADC43

Reaction score
I was under the opinion that amber to the rear is reserved for turn signals and warning lights.