Is it possible to go from a Chevy grille to a GMC one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
So to help you guys understand what I'm trying to ask, let me get some pics up.

I have the stock Composite light front end and like the style of an aftermarket grille.
You must be registered for see images

Top grille, just fully stock w/o the insert.

To this:
You must be registered for see images

Top one as is on the page.

Has anyone done this swap, know of a write up on one fo the other forums?

I figure Ill need the turns and the side markers, but I want to try to figure out if this is simple or will take some serious fabrication...

:hmm:

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its simple from what I have been told. Only difference is the parking lights. Unless you go with the 88-89 grills someone said the mounting hole a slightly different but I could be wrong been a couple of years since my younger brother had his truck and did his.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I really like the look of the GMC grilles better than the split one of the Chevy's. Just one of those styling preferences.

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh nothing wrong with that I prefer the chevy grill if you do it can I have your chevy grill?

Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah you can, i think a few brackets are different. A member on FSC has a truck with a billet gmc grilled and a chevy bowtie mounted in the middle of it. It looks really good that way

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes you can. if you are going from an 88-94 chevy to a 95-99 gmc, you will need different parking lights, as well as corner lights.
if you are going from a 95-99 chevy to a 95-99 gmc, then you only need the corner lights. parking lights will match up the same.
and yes, the 88-98 parking lights from 94 to 95 changed slightly on bracket placement IIRC.

truckindude95

Reaction score
i went from this, stock 95 chevy grill shell
You must be registered for see images attach

to this, i believe its off of a 99 yukon
You must be registered for see images attach

all you need to do is get new corner lenses because there different between the chevy/gmc shells. i replaced my parking lights too because they were turning yellow. its a direct swap, no modifications are required.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the GMC grill beter. If I would nt have done the escalade clip I was going to do thet same GMC grill /

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
my crew cab will be getting a GMC grille one of these days... more than likely when i paint the whole thing green :imo

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
i hit a deer, and got a gmc one for free, i ran that for a few months, but i like the chevy better, and bought a 93 chevy grill

basically, 95+ chevy and gmc can be swaped in about 30 min

and i put my 93 on, i just didnt have the clips for 2 od the screws so i zip tied them