Is a 12 valve cummins swap possible in a 96 Suburban k1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys i am kinda wanting to do a 12 valve cummins swap in my 96 suburban K1500. I think it would be an awesome setup and probly help with the MPGs. Plus it would be sick!

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
This one had it but it also has a SAS.

You must be registered for see images attach

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
the oil pan is a issue, usually need a lift kit or a sas to be able to do the swap, i have found with the swap and a sas you need to strengthen the frame or it tears it apart

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
4BT Cummins shouldn't be as bad since it isn't as big. Where are some photos of your truck so we can get an idea of what it might be like with a Diesel? 4BT or 12 Valve swap is something I want to do in the far future...or a DMAX if that's possible without robbing a bank. haha

Reaction score
i dont have any good pictures of my truck i will try to take some this week. it is only my winter truck and off-road truck. i Daily my Trailblazer SS. But its a LT model K1500 suburban green and silver with a TBI 5.7