iPhone gl1 obd2 scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the CARbonga, GoPoint, and goLINK apps. Its a good code reader on some, but I have found it to say no codes, and read false codes. Its good for those quick checks, or after a repair to clear the codes, but comparing it to a Solus or anything like that is not even close.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has gotten a code reader to work with ipod/iphone through bluetooth yet? I am rather familliar with jailbreaking.ect but havent found anthing that adds the right bluetooth communications yet

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We got one at the shop... You plug a device into the OBD2 port on the car, it then connects to your phone via bluetooth. Just got it last week I haven't tried it out, but the guys say it works pretty good.

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rhino,

Let us know how that app works! Im looking to get one for my phone and I want to know how well it works.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll try and figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll take some screenshots Monday and post them.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
awesome thanks, I justy have a cheap elm327 bluetooth scanner, im real interested in what you've got though.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used it a little this morning. It's a good code reader, don't have a lot a data other than it does have a speedometer. I walked out and was hooked up within 3 minutes. Has good range, I was in my office while it was hooked up which is 30 feet or so. The app was free, 'lemur". The driver was 40 bucks. Can't beat that price. I'll post some screenshots.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What system data does it read besides speedo? Looks neat for the money.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the ELM 327 and use the free app for an Android phone called Torque (there is a version that you pay for as well, something like $5, with more features). It will display bunch of stuff, everything from ambiant air temp, engine load, fuel pressure, fuel trim on both banks and all ports, O2 Voltage on all, Timing Advance, etc, etc...not too shabby for $15 invested. :)