Intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Im Kyle, recently got my 98 k1500 and am here to learn some things from you all. Ive got a couple issues with my truck that i need to get fixed, and i figured there was no place better to get some info.
Welcome to the forum from southern Virginia!

You have come to the right place.

Next thing to do is to post some pics of your ride, and let us know what’s going on with it!

Kylebowl817

Reaction score
Hello everyone! And thank you for the welcome!! Im sorry i took so long to reply! Ill post some pictures tomorrow! Currently, my biggest issue is that the tail lights arent on when the head lights are, brake and reverse lights work. And the license plate lights dont work either. Ive done a bit of work to this truck in the past couple of weeks. The previous owner was about as much of a mechanic as my 5 year old. He replaced the fuel pump (gaping hole in the bed) i cut a section of bed from the junk yard and riveted to cover. I replaced a control board in the driver tail light, the drivers inside door handle, fuel filter. Idler and tensioner pulley, and serpentine belt so far. The rear strut was rusted out of its mount.(yet to fix) the exhaust was cut off just after the cats. The wipers stopped working, but my buddy got that fixed by cleaning the terminals. The passenger windshield sprayer doesnt spray but driver side does weakly. And the wipers are parked too high on the windshield. My main concerns are the plate light and tail lights right now. I also noticed the little green logo on the left of the dash is on when lights are off, but off when lights are on. Seems backwards to me?