Interior door handle broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yup thats just cheap pop metal and they get worn out pretty quick. I broke my drivers side one twice since Ive been in Alaska, and went ahead and replaced my passenger cause I found a crack in it. Cheap on RockAuto as well, an on here they even have the discount code. 20 min fix if that!

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just replaced mine and it took only 30 minutes to do. Hardest part is trying to take the door panel off without breaking the tabs

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the video. Looks pretty easy. What would happen if you didn't replace that rivet with a bolt? Would the handle come loose or something? Looks like it would be held in place fine without it (without looking at it in person yet), but I might be wrong on that.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I always just used another pop rivet to replace the factory one

Sent from my static android

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it absolutely necessary to drill it for the new one?

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, got it done in under a half hour. Easy fix. Worst part was definitely getting the door panel back on and lined up right.