Interior door handle broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I go to get out of my truck today, it's a 98, and the interior door handle just snapped off as I pulled it. Has this happened to anyone else before? Any word on how tough it is to replace it? The thing feels solid, I'm surprised it broke.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When mine broke I ordered the Escalade/Denali interior handles on ebay for dirt cheap, and took to a body shop to replace both for me.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Brother in law pulled the plastic exterior handle off his 2000 the other day in 7 degree weather.
Believe the handle is riveted in place. Pop the inner door panel off and take a look to make sure though.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They have the handles at auto zone on the shelf.I have replaced both of mine. You have to drill out a pop rivet and put a bolt back in for the handle

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When mine broke I ordered the Escalade/Denali interior handles on ebay for dirt cheap, and took to a body shop to replace both for me.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

Are those the chrome metal ones? Thats what I have on my Tahoe never Seen them on any other full-size truck or suv, there pretty solid imo, to the op If you can find them get them

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Brother in law pulled the plastic exterior handle off his 2000 the other day in 7 degree weather.
Believe the handle is riveted in place. Pop the inner door panel off and take a look to make sure though.
I would expect it from the exterior handles. I'm careful when I open the passenger side door for that very reason! But the interior handle breaking surprised me. But glad to hear its not too uncommon. I've seen the exterior handles at autozone but don't recall seeing the interior ones. Guess I'll make a trip soon and check.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
It's very common, especially in areas that see very hot weather followed by very cold weather. It's a pretty cheap fix though.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just felt lucky there was enough of it left that I didn't have to climb over the seat to get out the passenger door. It was a pretty chilly 80 degrees here today, so that must have been it. Lol

Thanks for the help guys.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
There are tabs that the handle slides into the exterior (metal) door panel. Then one rivet holds it in place.

Wstrnsky

Big Sky Country
Reaction score
I think over time I have replaced my driverside handle atleast 3 times. Not to bad but it sucks when its freezing out and of course thats when it always happens lol.