Intake Gasket Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did mine a few months back, that heater hose quick conect fitting that is known to break, they actuialy make a tool to remove the broken one because it is so comon, its a spline tool that you hammer in and then use a ratchet to take it out took 2 minuts to remove!:)

Trust me, that doesnt always work. I bought the easy out, hammered it in and started trying to turn it-no go. Just kept hogging out the inside. Tried heat. No difference. Finally went and bought a 1/2" tap (not a bottoming one), took a rat tail file and got that pot metal as thin as I could, ran the tap down it and was good to go. Bought a replacement one made of steel so I dont have to go through that again.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great write up-I used it to good effect. Well, I got mine all back together, checked all my wiring again. Made sure all the hoses were hooked back up-which reminds me, theres some sort of vacuum unit directly behind the alternator, it has 3 nipples, one goes straight back, one goes forward, and one goes toward the wheel. The last one doesnt have anything to hook to. Any ideas? Anyway, turned the key on and checked for leaks. I put the fuel line retainer in backwards, so I made a little puddle. Fixed that and she started right up. But ran way rougher than before. I tweaked the dizzy a bit and it got enough better that it would idle (very roughly). Checked my plug wires and firing order again, they were good. Made sure all the grounds were good. No joy. also, cyls 2, 3, and 5 dont seem to be warming the exhaust mani. It got too dark and cold to work any later, so I quit. Any ideas?.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure why I cant see the above post, but maybe this will work.

Last edited:

Tigwldr

Reaction score
This is a great a write up.
I'm about to do my third, yay.

What is a good amount of rtv to use?

What is the best rtv to use for a lower intake manifold gasket?

Last edited:

350VortecSSCT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent my truck to a dealership to do it. $600 later, and a bolt down the manifold, i got my truck back a week later, idling odd, back firing and hesitating eating coolant...well they never told me they STARTED IT and RAN IT! I brought it back to them, they pulled the head again, it had been sanded down by an electric grinder, and the head was cracked in 3 PLACES with indentations from a screw on the HEAD AND PISTON matching

NEW MOTOR!

eltipico

Reaction score
I'm actually about to get this done tommorow, i went and bought the gasket set. It did say fel-pro and had the MS 98000 T that is the advance part number, i went to advance auto parts. But its a magnum automotive group MaxDry STL gasket set. Are these any good? Any one ever heard of these?

Here is a pic of the whole gasket kit..

You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't tell in your pic, but the good Fel pro intake gasket's have metal insert's around the bolt's to prevent the gasket from being crushed upon final torque application, the cheapo's are plastic and will crack and break under torque.