Intake Gasket Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD4440

Reaction score
Question: Should I replace the coolant fitting going from the intake to the heater core when I do this ? That's about the only thing that went bad wrong with these trucks when they were newer seems like because you had to get the threaded part out if it corroded and broke off.

K1500 gramnolds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
89 k1500

I removed my intake today and it was "crusty" inside. (see pics) Any good ideas on how to clean this crap out without getting a bunch into the holes in the bottom of the valley? :whymewhyme:

You must be registered for see images attach

senja

Reaction score
It's been my experience Easy-outs are worthless. By the time you've pressed or pounded it into the drilled out hole, you've increased the pressure against the thread wall. It makes the screw tighter! Next time, try using a LEFT HAND drill. Try to run the LH drill in the middle of the screw, go slow, and the stuck screw/fitting will back out. Works for me. The other day, on TV, there was one of those $19.95 tv specials...but wait...there's more! They were selling a left-hand centerdrill and lefthand stubby drill...in different sizes! Buy it! It's exactly what you need. hope this helps.