Installing 3" body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Cuz..good to have you here to join the GMT 400 family.

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I jus did a 2inch this weekend and all I used was a floor jack and two 6 by 6s it probably took a total of 8 hours to do everything myself. My impact really helped with loosening up the body bolts. Jus worked them back and fourth till they came out.

HeavyChevy09

Reaction score
Thanks cuz, and thanks to the other forum members for the help. Now that I've pretty much decided I'm gunna go through with this, what body lift kit brands are the best? I'm looking into the tough country, but i would like some suggestions, thanks again!

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The main brand if body lift is performance accessories, its repackaged by others often. Zone offroad also is a good brand.

An impact gun will make the job much quicker but still very spanked with hand tools. Have one person Start loosening all body bolts while another starts removing front grill and bumper, fan shroud and steering shaft. Lift cab, tighten bolts while other installs bumper, steering extension and grill. Then do the box. 4-5 hours will be done if all goes smoothly. One broken cab mount bolt can slow things down big time.