Info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well I know for a fact it is and I have had this truck for 28 yrs. I have had the trany out already and as sure as I am typing this it is a 4l60 not a 4l60e or any other trany. So I think you are mistaken sir.
Cool. Show us a picture of the throttle valve cable where it connects on your 1994 4L60 please.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Check that truck's glovebox for rpo codes and let me know if you see a code, "MT1" in that list of 3-digit regular production option codes. Or take a pic of those codes and post it here.
He's got a light duty (6 lug) 2500. No 4L80E. They were 700R4, 4L60 (RPO MD8), and 4L60E (RPO M30). It's basically a 1500 with a 9.5" 14 bolt SF and a little extra spring, a few small frame gussets added. Sorry if you already knew this stuff.

Richard

TILLY94

Reaction score
Check that truck's glovebox for rpo codes and let me know if you see a code, "MT1" in that list of 3-digit regular production option codes. Or take a pic of those codes and post it here.
The glove box is not there.
Check that truck's glovebox for rpo codes and let me know if you see a code, "MT1" in that list of 3-digit regular production option codes. Or take a pic of those codes and post it he

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's got a light duty (6 lug) 2500. No 4L80E. They were 700R4, 4L60, and 4L60E. It's basically a 1500 with a 9.5" 14 bolt SF and a little extra spring, a few small frame gussets added.

Richard
Then he must have a hold-over 4L60. Ive heard that a very, very small sub-population of gm vehicles produced in 94 that have 4L60s but have never seen actually seen one.

Interesting...

The glove box is not there.
You can run a 60E in that truck if you either swap in the factory command and control stuff like harness, programming etc or install a stand-alone controller such as those made by TCI if your truck doesnt already have that stuff.

What's wrong, if anything, with your 4L60?

If you can go under the truck and look on the passenger side just behind the servo, youll see a case connector. If its large and round, its a 4L60E

TILLY94

Reaction score
Ok I'll do that thank you

Then he must have a hold-over 4L60. Ive heard that a very, very small sub-population of gm vehicles produced in 94 that have 4L60s but have never seen actually seen one.

Interesting...

You can run a 60E in that truck if you either swap in the factory command and control stuff like harness, programming etc or install a stand-alone controller such as those made by TCI if your truck doesnt already have that stuff.

What's wrong, if anything, with your 4L60?

If you can go under the truck and look on the passenger side just behind the servo, youll see a case connector. If its large and round, its a 4L60E
I have the glovebox. I'm just at work and my husband cañt seem to fibd it so I'll take pics when I get home and send them

TILLY94

Reaction score
He's got a light duty (6 lug) 2500. No 4L80E. They were 700R4, 4L60 (RPO MD8), and 4L60E (RPO M30). It's basically a 1500 with a 9.5" 14 bolt SF and a little extra spring, a few small frame gussets added. Sorry if you already knew this stuff.

Richard

TILLY94

Reaction score
No I didn't know that thank you. This was my daddy's truck she is a temperamental B@$&# but she was ment to be my truck I'll be buried in her lol