In line fuel pump possible??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so lately my fuel pump has been acting up every once in a while. It doesnt work so i kick the bottom of the tank and it takes off. I plan on fixing it once i run this tank of gas so it will be easier. but my question is has anyone ever converted to a inline fuel pump rather than in the tank? im not sure what psi these trucks need but i think its a max around 60? I think this pump will work. The only thing i need to figure out now is what i need to do for a pickup tube. my friend is a dealer for diesel truck parts and suggested getting a diesel truck pick up tube. just wanting some opinions on this and if anyone has ever done anything like this. the whole reason i want to do this is because im horrible about running my truck with an almost empty tank which is bad on the stock pump. any ideas and opinions will help. thanks

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"kick the bottom of the tank and it takes off..." LMFAO.....its ingenuity like this I love. Its still good, just needs a little motivation.

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha ya i feel like a dumbass but it works. might as well get everyday of life out of it that i can

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Meh, my Jeep had a bad starter, had to hit it with a hammer for over 2 months. Think of it as frugal.....not being cheap ass :D Thats how I rationalized rolling under a truck for a few month instead of buying a starter lol

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my buddy stripped out all but one bolt holding his starter so he had to crawl under it and hold the starter tight while his girlfriend turned the key lol he left it like that for almost a whole summer then decided to get it fixed once it started to get cold. but mines happening more often now so id like to do something before it strands me somewhere

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
im just wondering what the benefits would be to switch to an in line pump? Cost? Performance ? Idk if its worth the trouble for (I assume) stock engine .

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im just wondering what the benefits would be to switch to an in line pump? Cost? Performance ? Idk if its worth the trouble for (I assume) stock engine .

Easier to change. I know I just pulled the tank out of my yukon that was 3/4 full, and I was seriously considering an in-line pump for no other reason.

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup. Mainly that reason. But I also am putting a large amount of stress on mine ever since I put EFI live on the truck. I know it sounds like its gonna blow up when I start the truck anyways

Last edited: