I'm new, this is my truck, and I'm going to want your help :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iverSUN

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here. I just bought a GMT400.

It's a 1994 Chevy K1500 Extended Cab. It's got a 4 inch lift, dual exhaust, 147k miles.

Overall, it's in great shape. Some things I noticed is the steering isn't as smooth as it should be, so I'm thinking of going to a new 6" lift and really spending some money on the steering/stabilization components. Also want to update the headlights, turn signals, and tail lights. Possibly a new bumper, or maybe a brush guard of some sort. Oh I dunno. There's a 1,000 things I'll want to do over time, so I'll have questions to ask when the time comes.

I also want to learn more about the engine that's in it, the 5.7L 350 and things I can do to increase performance/power. Also... this truck has TBI. So... it's not carbureted, but it's not fuel injected either? lol... I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to most engines (newer sportbikes I'm pretty good with).

Anyways, always curious what fellow TBI owners do to beef up the performance, reliability, and power.

Here's a couple of quick pics. I'll throw some more up when I get it home and have some time:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another Minnesotan! Truck looks really good for being from the Wisconsin/Minnesota area. You don't usually see them this nice, especially not a 94.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Is it from Hudson wi?

Here's mine lol they are pretty similar

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
welcome from sun prairie wi! where are you at? truck looks great!

Sent from my 350 powered iPhone

iverSUN

Reaction score
@ 98chevyz71 - Yes sir, it is. That's the pic of her! Hoping you don't know something I don't lol... (ie: you looked at it, found a hugeee problem I didn't, and passed on it).

@ 95C1500 - Awesome place to start, thanks!!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
you're welcome! What brand are your step bars?