I'm building a ford now (lots o' pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have started a new build. Both, my 97 rado and the 95 w/t have been sold.

The wifey picked this up to be her truck, then decided she wanted to use the car. So I get the truck and well, I cant leave anything be for longer than rental time. It is a 2000 F-150 Lariat (fully loaded model) 4x4 super cab (ext with suicide doors) flareside short box. It has the 4.6l v8 and a locked 3.55 rearend. We bought it used and that alone caused us a bunch of work.

here is how we got it:
You must be registered for see images attach

see, just de-ricing the damn thing is a pile of work!!!

Well may as well start somewhere. First thing was to clean it up with a proper detail. And if you are going to buff the paint, you may as well get that decal out of the way.

Wow thats much better already. Winter time is too cold for painting and fillers and such so I left everything for a while.

Then I found out my wife has Fibromyalgia. Her joints and stuff will get worse and worse over time. So, whats a guy to do? I slapped her around and told her to suck it up! LMFAO! No, I pulled the factory blocks out of the back and decranked the front to level.

Just so you guys know, the decal in my back window is the symbol for the job I did in the navy. I put it on there to test my wife. She passed. I want it gone, but am too lazy to take it off.

Right now I am in Florida visiting my dad. It's warm enough to use filler and paint and stuff down here :evillol:

I think it looks sooooooo much better without the cab spoiler and the sun visor thingy. I was floored when I took them off and found absolutely no rust. I need to fill the holes still. But I need to get some other stuff taken care of before I get back to truck.

Last edited:

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the third picture has my rados tow mirror on the right side, and the next one after has the sierra in the backround

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
You'll get it looking good. I just had to give you a bad time about it. Good to have ya back.
How long you in the states for?

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
some time this week.... Should be able to get some good work finished in that time. Trying to relax and enjoy family time, but the truck is getting some love while its well above freezing.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
my chev was much better in the 4wd category, but this will out tow it blindfolded

Really? Man my old 4.6 2wd F150 extended cab was a straight dog to tow with. On the dyno it made about 120whp. It also has a bulkhead that seems to be designed for use as a waterfall. Going through high water the bulkhead essentially directed the water on top of my engine, killing 4 coils immediately and ruining all 8. Glad you're having good luck with it. Lots of aftermarket parts for the motor, you can build it into whatever you want. I do like the Harley and Lightening 5.4 S/C mod motors, pretty bullet proof.