I'm an idiot...Torsion Bar Question 97 Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
Almost done my stock suspension rebuild, came to realize I didn't mark which side was top on my torsion bars and the truck drops to the wheel wells when I lower it down off. Obviously, My keys are the same ones that came out, so, I put the bars in wrong.

How can I tell if my bar is oriented correctly. I noted there is a notch in the end of the bar on the frame member size, should it be vertical, hortizonal, something else?

Turbokat

Reaction score
There is supposed to be an arrow on the end of the bar to tell you which way it should twist. I don't think it matters which is front and back but instead which side of the truck it came off as the bars twist the opposite direction

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There is supposed to be an arrow on the end of the bar to tell you which way it should twist. I don't think it matters which is front and back but instead which side of the truck it came off as the bars twist the opposite direction

I put them in backwards and bent the tool trying to get the bolts back in the keys. The letters and arrow go in the control arm.