I need fog light/light bar ideas. 98 Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Call me paranoid, but I'd be nervous about not having locking hardware on the mounting brackets. Looks great though, man

I am using the Rigid security hardware to secure the light to the cradle mount. The cradle mount is bolted to the black bar using three 1/2-13 socket head stainless bolts and the entire bar is bolted to the truck using 1/2-13 hex head bolts. I cannot find security nuts and/or bolts in that size in a quantity I need. I am forced to a buy an entire box and its around $215. I'm still looking though.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I am using the Rigid security hardware to secure the light to the cradle mount. The cradle mount is bolted to the black bar using three 1/2-13 socket head stainless bolts and the entire bar is bolted to the truck using 1/2-13 hex head bolts. I cannot find security nuts and/or bolts in that size in a quantity I need. I am forced to a buy an entire box and its around $215. I'm still looking though.

Ouch, I'd just hate to lose such an expensive bar over a couple bolts

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I seen those. No way Im spending that kind of money. Plus, those wont work that good if I have a standard nut on them. All it takes a pair of vise grips to hold those bolts in place while the nuts get loosened. I think I will be better off with a tamperproof nut. I cant be choosey right now so at this point anything I can find that will deter someone from stealing it is good

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Ugh, I'm going to the hardware store tomorrow and they have tons of fasteners and ill check for you.

Sent from Robl@nd

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Man that looks real clean and freakin awesome! I never thought about someone stealing a light bar... but that's very true ..