I need fog light/light bar ideas. 98 Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Rabbit

Reaction score
I'm really liking that led strip cut into the bumper!!! Makes it look sure clean... Now what about the fog lights?? lol I have a set of kc liters I need to install still as well, I can't decide where to mount them! Help lol

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been debating if I should mount the fog lights in the bumper under the marker lights. I think the bumper will look too cluttered with a light bar and two fog lights. I may just mount them in the plastic air dam on the side of the tow hooks. Fog lights are of no use if they are mounted to high on the front of a vehicle.

Sent from my piece of crap iPhone using Tapatalk

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
update on my "project".

I decided to build a simple light bar that mounts to the frame where the tow hooks go. Here is a teaser pic of it. I think the bar is sitting a few inches to high and I may lower it so it sits just above the license plate frame. I have no choice but to flip my tow hooks 180 degrees otherwise they would hit the mounting bolts. I still need to acquire stainless hardware as well as weld on my mounting tabs for the LED bar mounting bracket. This bar will have a 30" Rigid light bar on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
You're going with Rigid? You can save so much money with a 30 from Digidiodes.

On another note, your light bar came out well, going to paint or powder coat?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
You're going with Rigid? You can save so much money with a 30 from Digidiodes.

On another note, your light bar came out well, going to paint or powder coat?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Also by what I've heard the curved lights don't fit right

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, I went with Rigid. The Digidiodes light bars as well as all the other cheap ones out there are junk!! You buy cheap you get cheap. Those cheap ones use 2.5 watt LEDs and cheap flat reflective bulb style lenses. I have seen them in person and they do not even compare to the Rigid ones. Besides, the biggest gripe about the cheap ones are the moisture that gets into them creating a foggy haze behind the outer protective lens.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are some pics of how this project came out. I mounted the bar to the truck using the tow hook mounting points. I had to flip my hooks over but it was either that or I take them off and I didnt want that.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are some pics of how this project came out. I mounted the bar to the truck using the tow hook mounting points. I had to flip my hooks over but it was either that or I take them off and I didnt want that.

Looks awesome dude..rigid lights are bad a$$...take some night pics

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Call me paranoid, but I'd be nervous about not having locking hardware on the mounting brackets. Looks great though, man