I made _______ for my GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw this on a jeep forum and thought we should have one here to see all the custom stuff/ fab work we have made for our trucks.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Nothing much but I've made custom brackets to mount fog lights in my diesel bumper. Then eventually going to add more lights where they put the SS fog lights.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I grabbed a spare tire mount out of a 94 2DR Yukon at one of the junkyards. My initial thought was mount it upright in the front corner of the bed. But on the way home I noticed it fit pretty good on the floor of the bed. And kind of gave it a low profile bed mount look.

So I cut off the rusted lip.

Cleaned of the edges.

Had my son weld 4 1"X1"X1" square stock foot mounts.

Measured the position, Then drilled now holes in the base and into the bed.

Mounted everything up.

Had my son stand on it to stress test it.

It worked great, Took it apart and repainted it.

And mounted the spare to it. Seeing as I'm using a stock 16" rim with a 245 for now, it holds it perfectly. When I get the 285's I'll get a 5th tire for the spare. I made sure to leave about 2" from the bed rail for the larger tire.

Not too bad for less that $20

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I grabbed a spare tire mount out of a 94 2DR Yukon at one of the junkyards. My initial thought was mount it upright in the front corner of the bed. But on the way home I noticed it fit pretty good on the floor of the bed. And kind of gave it a low profile bed mount look.

So I cut off the rusted lip.

Cleaned of the edges.

Had my son weld 4 1"X1"X1" square stock foot mounts.

Measured the position, Then drilled now holes in the base and into the bed.

Mounted everything up.

Had my son stand on it to stress test it.

It worked great, Took it apart and repainted it.

And mounted the spare to it. Seeing as I'm using a stock 16" rim with a 245 for now, it holds it perfectly. When I get the 285's I'll get a 5th tire for the spare. I made sure to leave about 2" from the bed rail for the larger tire.

Not too bad for less that $20
Looks sweet but i use my bed too much

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I like that tire mount a lot!

Thanks, The NFab ones and a few others are just too expensive. One thing I want to change is the hold down. I found a different style on a 96 Suburban in a customer's truck. I haven't found one in any of the boneyards yet.

Looks sweet but i use my bed too much

Thanks, I don't use it like you, but I still haul motors and transmissions and loads of scrap. If I need the extra room, I just pull the tire off. I have used the mount as a tie down too. Plus I still have 5' of bed space with it in.

Brockwaykid

Reaction score
lets see, i made 1/2 a C3500 frame "fit" with 1/2 a K2500 frame. custom cab mounts that consist of stock 4wd mounts, 2 rubber wheels you would put on a gate, and 2 4" washers on each side. also have to put around a 1" body lift in the box to get it to line up right. also made a custom cross member resembling the spare tire carrier, although it will never carry a spare. drilled new holes on the top of each rail and used the bottom ones. used 4" channel iron with some shims and welded them together as you see here.

Dmgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made some Baja style steps fit my 93 by cutting out a step and welding it all back together I also had to make all new brackets and reprint them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I made a console to hold my cb radio and 12 volt outlets. I planned on adding something to clean up the edges around the holes but I'm abandoning this project (throwing it in the trash). The carpet is loose now so it's baggy, it has a stain on the side, the 12V outlets only work when they want (which is hardly ever), so I'm just going to mount it to the transmission hump